New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mappy13

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  18:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
just discovered OKMaps and it looks very interesting.
Did I miss the point or can you really only load one image/tile/map at one time? How do you tile a large raster map from a series of small referenced images/tiles? I have exports from Mobac and similar that I would like to convert to a single raster.
Thanks
Bruno

okmap

Italy
2578 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2012 :  19:37:52  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruno, OkMap can only load one map at a time (or more but in different windows) similar to OziExplorer.
However OkMap is able to generate tiled map (see Utilities - Map tiling) from a big one.
You can download big raster maps using Utilities - Map server (similar to MOBAC) and save directly in OkMap format.
Go to Top of Page

mappy13

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  18:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - too bad it can't, I have several exports from Mobac in tiled formats. What large single file export would you suggest to use from Mobac? Or how do I use OkMap to download from servers?
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2578 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2012 :  21:02:59  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can download single maps with MOBAC and save them in OziExplorer format. After you can easily import them in OkMap.
Otherwise you can use OkMap Map server function (in Utilities menu) download and save maps directly in OkMap format.
Go to Top of Page

mappy13

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  11:29:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - the OziExplorer (*.map) export/import worked nicely! I saw that OkMap makes v4 jnx. Can it make multilayer jnx?
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2578 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2012 :  13:49:07  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Multilayer don't have sense because OkMap use only a map at a time.
You should use a post-processing software.
Go to Top of Page

paolo62

Italy
1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  14:36:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, compliments for the software, I tested an old release few years ago but not actively using. Now I installed the latest and very satisfied, main interest would be the integration with Orux map.
I come to the questions:
1_programs like Orux are able to handle very big maps (database with a lot of tiles), processing power of handheld is quite big, I found maps derived from Opencylemap already in Orux format for very big areas. However when you have to create routes computer is much more handy than mobile but OKmap doesn't read them and when I want to download from the same map server I've to create rather small maps because the map creation generate BMP pictures with huge memory occupation.
It would be very helpful to have a jPEG or GIF output possibility when you extract from Map servers.
2_ maps from Opencycle lack point of interest like : peacks, pass, sources etc, it would be very nice to be able to overlap to them these POI taken from other mapsources when you generate the OKM map

may be the program could already perform some of these operations but I was not able to do, even after a good reading of the manual.
thank-you for your support

paolo
Go to Top of Page

okmap

Italy
2578 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  16:38:50  Show Profile  Visit okmap's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Paolo, thank you.
1. If you refer to OkMap "Utilities - Map server" function, when you are saving image, you can specify the extension (ie .jpg) of the image map file.
Usually you can save images of 7000-9000 pixel by side.
2. You can enrich your map loading waypoint (POI), tracks and routes; If you want to make them permanent you can convert into vectorial shapes and save with map image togheter in .okm file.
To do this you can use "Data - Convert GPX to vectorial" function (you can designe them with the mouse also).
I apologize for my poor English.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
OkMap forum © 2018 OkMap Go To Top Of Page